CX70 Direct Vent
The Continental CX70 gas fireplace offers you a wide range of heat output and control with a remarkable flame/heat adjustment. The PHAZERAMIC™ advanced burner technology with infrared ember bed produces stunning YELLOW DANCING FLAMES™. With a large viewing area, a realistic PHAZER™ log set that is rich in color and detail and the exclusive NIGHT LIGHT™
- Up to 35,000 BTU’s
- Limited 5 Year Warranty
- Premium Safety Barrier
- Heat Radiating Ceramic Glass
- PHAZERAMIC™ Burner
- Flame / Heat Adjustment
- Battery Back-Up Control System
- Premium Blower
Included: Proflame II Remote Control, Exclusive PHAZER® Log Set and Premium Blower
Free Shipping Across Ontario!
Please note that inspections are necessary for installation. Free local inspections available.
Please note that the instructions with this appliance are intended as an aid to qualified service personnel for the proper installation, adjustments and operation. Installation and service is to be performed by a qualified licensed installer
This fireplace works with 5 x 8 Venting Options
Pilot on Demand System
Pilot on Demand System
As of January 2020, all Continental Electronic Ignition fireplaces will have Pilot on Demand systems with 7-Day Timers. This new 7-Day Timer feature has the following benefits:
- The system is more environmentally friendly; automatically turning off your pilot when not required, which reduces greenhouse gasses.
- Saves money! Auto-shut off ensure you conserve energy which reduces operating costs, as opposed to previous style standing pilots that remained on constantly.
- The system is much more convenient as it switches off automatically at the end of the season and, being electronic, it switches on when needed again in the fall.
- Regulations are changing everywhere to reduce energy consumption and governments have identified that standing pilots in fireplaces waste gas unnecessarily.
- Standing pilots have been eliminated in other products like water heaters, furnaces and boilers in previous years. Electronic ignition technology has advanced significantly in the last 10 years.
- Electronic systems still operate in power outage; as they include a battery backup system
Excerpt from Owners Manual:
This appliance is equipped with an “On Demand” intermittent pilot ignition system (IPI) which also includes a continuous pilot ignition (CPI) mode with an integrated seven day timer. This system minimizes your appliance’s carbon footprint as well as reducing its annual fuel consumption and operating costs.
In IPI mode, the pilot will ignite prior to the main burner, when the appliance is turned on using a switch, remote or from a call for heat with the thermostat (if equipped). Once the appliance is turned off (or the call for heat is satisfied), the main burner and pilot flame will shut down.
The continuous (CPI) mode is intended to enhance the performance of the appliance during the startup phase in colder climates and extreme weather by keeping the system warm when the main burner is not in use. However, the timer feature provides the convenience that the appliance automatically switches off the pilot when the appliance has not been used for seven days to save unnecessary fuel consumption.
When the CPI function is turned on, the pilot will remain on after the main burner is turned off. A timer will then begin the countdown for approximately seven days before
Continental fireplace products are manufactured with superior components and materials. The materials and workmanship of your new Continental fireplace are warranted against defects for 5 years. Any labour-related warranty repair will be covered by E.H Gas Services Ltd. for 2 years. After 2 years, parts are covered for further 3 years, however labour charges will incur.